We can help you:
- Join with & understand more about what your customers / clients / citizens want and need
- Make sure your strategic plans influence everyday action so that you have ‘stractegies’ rather than ‘strutegies’
- Harness your and others’ ambitions in pursuit of the results you want to achieve
- Open up the space in yourself or in your business for new possibilities, fresh vistas and renewed purpose
- Collaborate productively with your partners, regulators and maybe even your competitors
- Underpin your strategy with shared commitment to develop best practice
- Resolve conflict, build bridges and make new links
- Make sure your strategy really tackles the challenges you face
- Learn from your past and make more sense of the present
- Shape your future rather than have it shape you
We can help you… spell strategy differently
A ‘Strutegy’ is a large glossy document where most of the effort has gone into talking with the printers and marketing people. Action is negligible and lasting outcomes even more elusive. Typically written by a small cabal in a darkened room with only a modicum of consultation & research into good practice and wider challenges. The idea of engagement does not feature. Implementing a strutegy is usually done via road shows and keynote speeches from senior managers, who will often have to leave before any questions are posed.
A ‘Stractegy’ hardly exists as a document and indeed exists more as the collective and focused actions of a wide diversity of people. Any documentation which does exist is recognised as the thinking on a particular day that is probably out of date as soon as the ink has dried. Stractegies are created in dynamic crucibles of insight, learning and practice exchange. In the way that strutegies typically fragment and simplify, stractegies on the other hand are based on processes which connect people together and enable them to wrestle with complexity. Often stractegies emerge when people get together in large groups to discuss the future and the challenges being faced. Outcomes are always the focus with stractegies.